Followers

Monday, July 16, 2012

Michigan's Adventure







Last Tuesday our family went to Michigan's Adventure. It was an easy 2 1/2 hour ride. Since we are thinking about Disney soon we thought we better test the waters with a smaller park.
A little fact about our family- we really do not go anywhere. we are perfectly happy eating and playing at home. So, unlike you world travelers, this was a big step for our little family.
Our kids are awesome car riders so no complaints there. I, however, am the worst road trip companion you will ever know. I need to go to the bathroom every 15 miles, I complain, I whine, and I ask how much longer more than the kids.
We had a couple things going against us- the fact that Ben would not ride an elevator or escalator until the age of five, when Kevin and I finally had had enough and throw him, screaming bloody murder on the up escalator at Macy's, AND their allergies. Both turned out great!!!
The park itself was the perfect size. We chose to rent a cabana in the water park so we could have a home base in the park. It worked out great, even allowing us to order food and drinks and not waiting in the food lines.
Ben was a roller coaster maniac!!! He loved them so much he went on all of them multiple times. I am so thankful Kevin went with him! I USE TO love roller coasters. NOW- I do not! Ben did convince me to ride a huge wooden roller coaster and then forced me to sit in the front row. That was my last roller coaster ride as a grown woman I can assure you. Besides the fact that I felt like my brains were being ripped from my head, my 44 year old body failed me on so many levels some I can not write about! I screamed (horrid shrieking screams) from start to finish. That lovely souvenir photo showed me screaming in my 10 year olds face while holding his little body, thinking it was going to save mine. NEVER AGAIN!!!!
Gabe rode 2 roller coasters. The first, a corkscrew went off without a hitch (he sat with Dad). The second one, a smaller wooden roller coaster, did not go so well (he was sitting with Mom) Half way into the ride he looked at me and started saying, "I am not happy, I am not happy" repeating this until the end of the ride. This was Gabe's last roller coaster ride of the day. I know Kevin thinks I ruined it for Gabe and I am sure my cries of "help me Jesus" did not help, but in my defense, I did try, for the remainder of the day to encourage further riding. It did not work.
We all rode the funnel of fear at the water park and of course, I was the backwards rider through the dark horrid drop, which easily could have been to my death. Everyone else had fun...
Overall, we had a wonderful day and feel we can take on Disney...maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment