Followers

Monday, July 30, 2012

Board Break



Ben broke his first board in taekwondo class on Saturday. His teacher said very casually to Ben, "Are you ready to break a board?" Ben said very casually back, "sure, yeah." What I really think he wanted to say was" YES, I HAVE BEEN WAITING MY WHOLE LIFE FOR THIS. I TALK ABOUT IT EVERY DAY AND DREAM OF IT EVERY NIGHT. DO YOU THINK I AM READY? I AM NOT SURE IF I AM READY. HOW DO I DO IT? WILL IT HURT? WHAT SIZE IS THE BOARD?WHAT TYPE OF WOOD?"
After several attempts, feeling a moment of discouragement, and a pep talk from his teacher he kicked the board and split that baby right down the center. I actually screamed when I heard it crack. Even today, once in a while I will hear Ben say, I still can't believe I broke a board with my bare foot."
We are so proud of your determination and dedication Ben! Keep up the great work!!!

2 comments:

  1. Determination!that's the word...it must come from within, and all of us must carry it everyday of our life! well done Ben!!congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete