Followers

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Baseball-Cheering and Age

I am just too old to be attending baseball games for my kids. Sunday was Mother's Day. Our family spent from 4-8:30 at the ballpark. It's no secret I do not like sitting at the ballpark. It is a messy, weird place where the mommies huddle together in conversation and Dad's get a little crazy. But still- I go- you know, for support, to hover like a helicopter, to witness craziness.
I clap-sometimes.
I cheer- a little.
But mostly I put my head down low and silently pray.
"Please God- just let him hit it."
"Please God just help him catch it."
"Please God do not let him be the last out."
Sunday was a little different. I am not sure if I felt I needed to show extra support because of the whole Mother's Day thing. Maybe it was because it was an exciting game in extra innings, I am not sure.
I cheered, I stood up, I screamed at the top of my lungs and then...
I peed my pants.
Yep! I am too old to me cheering. I am going back to the silent method of watching baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment